In today’s world, keeping a balance of a healthy diet and regular exercise is essential.
The problem is, this combination not always as easy as it sounds. Those of us suffering from joint pain and inflammation, or other conditions that prevent us from being as active as we’d like to be, find it frustrating to hear people say that’s all it takes for a better lifestyle. Plus, it’s almost impossible to eat healthy all the time!
Luckily, there are a few healthy life hacks we can employ to even out the odds a bit. Using these techniques can help get you back to feeling well enough to partake in physical activities again, or step up your game a notch.
There has been much conversation about this topic over the years. Do dietary supplements work? Which ones are good and which are a waste of money?
The bottom line is that dietary supplements are meant to act as an aid, a sort of healthy life hack for those of us struggling to eat right and make sure we’re getting our nutrients. It is true that some are better than others. If you make the decision to add a dietary supplement to your daily routine, it’s important to identify one that will help with your condition. Here are a few of the best ones available:
- GLX3. This green lipped mussel oil supplement has been dubbed New Zealand’s wonder food. The Omega-3s in green lipped mussel oil have been shown to help with arthritis pain, inflammation, and joint movement. There are also a number of additional benefits, such as a stronger immune system, increases in energy and endurance, and better digestive health. If you’re looking to get back to the things you loved doing at a younger age, or improve your overall health in a natural and wholesome way, GLX3 is the best supplement to make the process easier.
- Vitamin B12 supplements. If you find yourself needing more energy to power through a workout or get through an exhaustive day, Vitamin B12 supplements may help. Generally speaking, Vitamin B12 helps internal energy factories function better, according to WebMD.
- Calcium. If you’re working hard all day or participating in athletic activities, you may find your feet swelling. A 1200 mg calcium supplement can help with this issue, as noted by Livestrong.
This healthy life hack is something you’ve likely heard all your life: Stretch first! Waking up to stiff joints is something many of us can relate to. Joints that creak and crack make simple motions and daily routines much more challenging, adding a layer of frustration that nobody wants to deal with.
In addition to an Omega-3 supplement such as GLX3, a daily stretching routine can go a long way.
Luckily, the more you stretch, the more you’ll come to look forward to it in your daily routine. Few things feel as good as really loosening those muscles right where they’ve been driving you nuts. The goal is to work on loosening joints throughout the body, not just in one area, in or to see real progress.
Stretching the knees, the wrists, the and the hips is just as important as stretching arms and legs. Men’s Health lists seven great stretches here – don’t worry, you can do fewer reps than they recommend and still see the benefits of looser muscles and limbs. Start the day with lemon water
This is one of the simplest healthy life hacks around! A glass of lemon water first thing in the morning starts the body off right for the day. Lemon helps to alkalize the body, keeping your skin healthy and increasing mental acuteness.
Lemon water can also complement GLX3 in helping your digestive system function properly, and will help the body experience a more relaxed sleep. Having a proper pH level in the body helps every part of you function at a higher level – starting with the brain and spreading down through the limbs. Here are a few suggestions for adding lemon to your morning routine:
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice from the fruit into a glass of warm water. This should be done first thing. You’ll likely come to appreciate the jolt of energy it provides and how good it makes you feel.
- Use 100% natural-grade lemon oil instead of lemon juice, if you prefer. You’ll see the same awesome benefits.
- Keep a jar of lemon juice in the fridge. These can be purchased at a local grocery store or supermarket. We encourage you to drink a glass of lemon water prior to having coffee, tea, or another morning beverage. This helps the essential benefits flow through your system in the least time possible!
Relax the mind with meditation
Sometimes, the mind gets so wound up that it feels impossible to relax. If you can take five to ten minutes per day to sit, unwind, and clear the mind of busy thoughts, you’ll find yourself more relaxed and possible even more happy in the long run.
If you aren’t sure how to get started with meditating, or need a refresher on getting into the routing, there is a great service called Headspace that offers all sorts of meditations and a free ‘Take 10’ series that covers the basics on calming down and letting your thoughts go. This healthy life hack is something you can take with you anywhere!
Healthy life hacks and healthy living: the key is balance
I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase ‘everything in moderation.’ This is an excellent mantra for dealing with issues such as joint pain and inflammation, and other ailments.
Whether you’re hoping to get back to increased physical activity or just wanting to make good healthy choices in your daily routine, it is important to implement steps into the process. There’s no reason to add twenty things to your routine when one or two will make a big impact. We suggest starting with GLX3 to help your joints function with less pain and strain, and complement the supplement with a few minutes of daily stretching. These two are a power couple working to benefit your entire body, inside and out. That’s a healthy life hack we can all appreciate.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?